Search My Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

How are they still in business?!?

So we have our second vehicle now. It's not the one we thought it was going to be, but it's still a truck. It's kind of funny how we ended up with our little Ford Ranger.
We went into the dealership last Saturday to look around. We ended up finding this awesome 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that we just fell in love with on the test drive. We told them our financial situation and how much we were looking to put down and how much we wanted to pay per month. They said they could do that for us. Then they let us drive off the lot without a down payment while they worked on our financing.
We drove the truck for almost a week when they called and told us they couldn't do the financing for what we wanted. They made an appointment for Joshua to go in and see the financing guy. He wasn't there when Joshua went in.
The next day, they called me and asked me how we liked the Chevy Trailblazer we were driving. I said, "What Trailblazer?" He said, "The one we dropped off last night when we picked up the Mitsubishi." When I told him we never had a Mitsubishi and that I was looking at a Ford Explorer in my driveway, he got confused.
Then, when Joshua went in to see the finance guy that day, he was asking about a Mitsubishi that we were trading in. They didn't think it was funny when Joshua said we never had a Mitsubishi but they can have it as a trade-in anyway. (I thought it was funny.) Then they almost had Joshua sign the title for the Explorer when they were only charging us for the Ranger. Then Joshua had to remind them to take the down payment from us. The guy said that thank goodness he was honest. I'm thinking they must have a lot of honest customers or they would be out of business by now.
In the end, we now have a 2007 Ford Ranger sitting in the driveway next to my Mazda. Second vehicle done. Yay. After this, buying our house should be easy.

1 comment:

  1. The same kind of thing (the second part) happened to me when I bought my Jeep. I was ready to put money down and had a check but in the enthusiasm to get me in my new Wrangler they forgot to get the check before I drove off the lot! I called them back and dropped it off the next day, but the next week the salesman I dealt with wasn't there anymore... hmmm

    ReplyDelete